Donning is made easy, even with damp hands, thanks to the glove’s water-based synthetic (polyurethane) inner-coating. A combination of hydrophilic and hydrophobic components are integrated within the inner-coating. Friction and blocking is reduced by the hydrophobic components. Upon contact with wet hands, the hydrophilic components release a lubricant that improves ease of donning. The result: much easier intra-operative changes.
When additional safety is required, the inner-coating also makes double-gloving easy. Combined with a Gammex® PF Underglove, the Gammex® PF can be used as an outer glove in a double-gloving system.
Comfortable with sensitivity
- The relaxed, natural fit is supported by an optimal thumb location. Hand fatigue is minimised by a larger thumb ball.
- To avoid shrinkage, a special designed former adapted to powderfree inner-coating is used.
- Increased comfort, elasticity and flexibility are facilitated by an additional soothing component, which is built into the glove’s special latex film.
- Thinner latex at the palm and fingers, compared to other surgical gloves, enhances sensitivity.
- The adhesive band at the top of the glove straight cuff allows secure hold on the surgical gown. This unique design relieves pressure from the
forearm whilst operating.
Superb grip and handling
The Gammex® PF glove provides a secure grip on instruments for easy, sure handling in both wet and dry conditions. This is supported by the glove’s micro-rough outer surface, achieved at the time of manufacturing by a closely controlled dosage in the final chlorination stage. This is then verified by online friction tests that continuously monitor grip values during and after processing.
Safe and secure
- Very high tear resistance, with a favourable strength-to-thickness ratio for optimal barrier protection.
- Resistant to alcohol-based hand disinfectants, the inner-coating maintains its integrity - even during long procedures.
- Resistant to viral penetration, and verified by extensive bacteriophage test results.
- Assured quality control, based on AQL inspection procedures: final release 1.5 for pinholes (GI), water leak test and before packaging 0.65 for pinholes (G II), water leak test.
- Greater patient protection, based on close monitoring of pyrogen and endotoxin levels (biocompatibility test as per ISO 10993).
- Low particle levels, resulting from limited residual production-based powder (releasing agent).
- Shelf identification and links to manufacturing data supported by lot numbers.
The Gammex® PF glove reduces possible contact with potential latex allergens, thanks to its synthetic inner coating, which provides a protective shield.
The glove’s very low protein content is achieved by the lengthy leaching processes and post-production washing cycles. HPLC and Modified Lowry methods are used to measure protein content.
Low allergenicity is also assured by reduced chemical residues. And the glove’s formulation is friendly to the skin because it’s free of thiurams and MBT (mercaptobenzothiazoles).